The City of Newport wants to place a sales tax on restaurant meals and other prepared foods.
Here are some reasons to vote “NO” on Ordinance 2185, an unfair, unpredictable Sales Tax on Meals:
A better solution would be an Economic Improvement District or similar mechanism where the burden of raising revenue falls more broadly than on just struggling local restaurants.
Please Vote “NO" on Ordinance 2185
and reject this unfair Sales Tax on Meals.
Show Your Support and Get Involved!
- Vote NO to hurting local residents!
- Vote NO to an unfair sales tax on restaurants!
- Vote NO to hurting restaurant employees and their families!
- Vote NO to targeting small business operators!
- Vote NO because there is a better solution!
- Vote NO on Ordinance 2185!
Show Your Support
Write a letter to the editor, talk to your neighbors, take a lawn sign or donate to the campaign and show your support for residents, restaurant employees and small business by voting NO!
Your contribution will help our campaign defeat this unfair, unpredictable Sales Tax on Meals!
Please mail checks made out to “ORLALAC” to
8565 SW Salish Ln., Ste. 120
Wilsonville, OR 97070
ORLALAC is a Political Action Committee dedicated to supporting or opposing local candidates and/or measures on behalf of the hospitality industry.